In the ancient time, we humans used to rely totally on agriculture and adapted to that real diet. But now our eating habits have changed a lot. Paleo diet has come into picture because of the modern diseases like obesity, diabetes caused due to the mismatch between our bodies and the diet. The paleo diet food list contains mainly of fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, healthy oils, nuts, seeds, grass-fed meats. The health tips are to include nutrition- rich fruits and avoid toxic food items along with optimizing our lifestyles.
Here we are discussing one of the easiest paleo diet recipes: chicken recipe which is low in carbohydrate. To start with, you need to first toast the sesame seeds. Take a dry fry pan and toast the sesame seeds until the color changes to light brown. Store the seeds in an airtight container inside your fridge. These seeds are used to sprinkle on anything and everything, be it starters, main course or desserts.
- One lemon
- 3-4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Two medium- sized red onions, sliced
- One chicken breast or two chicken thighs
- Two 6inch long sprigs of oregano
- Two bowls properly cut from an iceberg lettuce.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Take the chicken and rip off its skin with the help of a sharp knife and cut into strips with the help of a pair of scissors.
- Sprinkle some salt on the skin and keep it aside. Remove the bones from the chicken by slicing it and keeping it in a separate bowl with salt, pepper, half lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil and the oregano leaves from its sprig.
- Take a large pan and heat 1 tsp olive oil. Add the chicken skin and onions. Keep stirring until sizzling and the skin should be crisping up. Add chicken with its juices and cook until a good color has come.
- Serve in iceberg lettuce bowls and sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds too along with lemon slices to squeeze over.