Beef tonnato with purple sprouting broccoli and chive flowers
Paleo diet has become very popular today with its increasing benefits. The paleo diet food list must contain more protein and meat, fewer carbohydrates and high fiber products. One of the most important health tips is to eat real, whole unprocessed foods. Nowadays paleo diet recipes are being followed religiously and are healthy too. These recipes help us in giving our family exotic meals to gorge on without shedding any thought towards the health effects.
Here we are discussing a paleo friendly Italian- inspired beef recipe which is low in carbohydrate. Find more such recipes here.
- 2 tbsp capers
- 90g tuna in olive oil
- 200g beef fillet
- 2 anchovy fillets, tinned
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 egg yolk
- 350g purple sprouting broccoli
- 3 tbsp of olive oil and one tbsp of water
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Take the meat and rub it with 2 tsp olive oil, then roll it in the thyme and peppercorns mixture.
- Sprinkle some salt on the meat. Take a pan and cook the meat from all the sides at a medium flame until it gets brown. Keep the cooked meat aside.
- Cook the broccoli by either steaming or boiling until it is just a little crunchy (no need to overcook). Refresh it in cold water
- Take tuna, yolk of an egg and anchovies and put in the beaker of the hand blender. Blend everything for a short while and then add oil and water. Keep blending, and slowly take the blender up the beaker so as to draw in the liquid to form a smooth taupe cream.
- Heat the beef pan with 1 tbsp oil in it and then add capers into it. Keep cooking until crisp and sizzling. It hardly takes a few seconds. Drain everything on the kitchen towel.
- Take a platter and scatter the beans over it. Arrange the sliced beef over the top. For better presentation and taste, drizzle some sauce and scatter with the capers. You can also add the chive flowers if available.